Wednesday 3 February 2016

Bargain

Some time around January 2015 I bought an electric jack-hammer, for the bargain price of 215 euros. It came with two drill bits; a sharp pick, and a chisel.   The chisel is no wider than the shaft that attaches it to the hammer, and at the time I thought it would be a good idea to get a bit with a wider edge, for cutting into things like tree roots.

I spotted one in our local DIY warehouse Leroy Merlin, the right size for the jack-hammer, but if memory serves, it was priced at about 120 euros, that is more than half what I paid for the whole jack-hammer with two bits.  The price was not inconsistent with what you could pay on Amazon, but since I wasn't cutting tree roots at the time, I left it.

Well there we were in the shop the other day, and the chisel bit was in the clearance sale, 30 euro, marked down from €105, according to the tag.  That's more like it.


1 comment:

James Higham said...

All things come [at the right price] to those who wait.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...